Sacrament of Baptism
Let the little children come to me; do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs — Mark 10:14
- Baptism is the first of three Sacraments of Initiation in the Catholic Church, the other two being Confirmation and Eucharist. Through Baptism we are incorporated into the body of Christ.
- Baptism is celebrated by immersion or the pouring of water with the words: “I baptise you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit”.
- Parents who ask to have their children baptised accept the responsibility of practicing the faith and bringing them up to keep God’s commandments.
- To prepare for Baptism please contact or visit the Parish Office (click here) to discuss and register your child for Baptism.
- Baptisms are held on Saturdays at 11.00 am at St Francis Xavier Church or Holy Family Church Lennox Head if requested.